When you want to work in an information technology (IT)-related company that is not a call centre, you should really excel in various IT skills aside from the usual programing skills that you learned and developed in college. Why? Here’s why: IT-related jobs are among the highest-paying jobs in the world right now and IT skilled job applicants are very much in demand right now so if you want land a job and get a considerably high starting salary, continuously polish your IT skills. Polishing your skills will include updating your knowledge about the newest and latest trends in the IT industry. Also, it is recommended that IT practitioners continue to participate in various training activities such as the ITIL training.
To begin with, what is ITIL and why is it so important that IT practitioners know enough about it? For starters, ITIL is an abbreviation which stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It is a collection of the best IT-related practices which can be beneficial to practitioners who want to push their IT efficiency to the limits. Some of the benefits of getting yourself a proper ITIL training are:
- Gaining competitive advantage
- You know better cost-cutting methods
- Better efficiency in doing business with others
- It allows you to continuously grow as a better IT practitioner
- Improvement in terms of interaction between you as the IT practitioner and your client
Now, there are different levels you will have to go through if you want to undergo a proper ITIL training that will get you ITIL certified. An ITIL certification training is consisted of integrated method which will allow both IT students and professionals to build a groundwork and also giving them the opportunity to gain specializations in various advanced concepts which can be useful to today’s complex IT industry. Below are the levels of an ITIL certification training:
- ITIL foundation- will give you general awareness about ITIL key elements, concepts and terminology.
- ITIL practitioner- will train you how to apply IT practices with an organization.
- ITIL intermediate- helpful in developing helpful frameworks for organization to devise and gather the best results.
- ITIL expert- for those who want to gain a more superior knowledge when it comes to ITIL.
- ITIL master- will validate the capability of an IT practitioner to perform the methods and techniques within a workplace.