Administering a periodic pest control system in residential and commercial properties is an important task to undertake for the protection and prevention of deadly diseases and illnesses as well as damage to properties.
The importance of pest control in every establishment goes beyond sanitation. It can save lives and properties. There are many choices of Pest Control in Brisbane that serve the public in getting rid of harmful insects. Pest control plays a vital role in the lives of people as well as in the operation of businesses.
There are two types of Pest Control in Brisbane that are essential in eradicating annoying and harmful insects:
- Biological control
This is a control that uses natural enemies such as predators, parasitoids/parasites, and pathogens to kill pests. This pest control method uses one organism to take control of another. This means attracting beneficial pests that are normal enemies of other insects and protect the other beneficial organisms in the landscape.
- Chemical control
Insecticides used in chemicals are either synthetic or natural. Humans manufacture synthetic chemicals and natural chemicals are present in nature. Many people have a wrong understanding that organic, natural chemicals have fewer toxins compared to synthetic chemicals. This is wrong. There are many natural plants and animals that secrete poisons that have more toxins than synthetic chemicals.
Types of insecticides
- Organic – is a substance that contains carbon
- Near-organic – there is still an on-going discussion on their status
- Synthetic – these are man-made chemicals
There are important things to consider for administering chemical treatment:
- Right pesticide – the landscaper must choose a pesticide that matches to the insect being controlled to save some beneficial arthropods.
- Buying insecticides – proper estimate on the number of products to purchase is suggested to avoid danger in storage.
- Storing insecticides – use only fresh products when possible.
- Compatibility – an additive maybe required in some pesticides. They must be compatible.
- Equipment – the best equipment must be used when applying pesticides to achieve good coverage.
- Safety regulations – always take extra caution when using pesticides. The users are accountable for the problems that may be encountered.
Proper care must be taken when using pesticides for pest control. They are hazardous to health and the environment.